Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy New Year 2008




Happy New Year!!  I wish you all the blessings for 2008! 

 

The year 2007 started out horribly for me.  My desktop computer crashed.  I attended the funeral of my grandmother in FayettevilleNC.  I then traveled back to Louisville to attend a second funeral for her (family drama).  While watching the news I saw that there was a car accident where a man running from the cops crashed into a car ejecting seven kids.  Two of these kids were my former students.  I went to the hospital to see one of their precious souls on life support.  That sight went straight to my heart.  Then the heat in my house went out and I had to purchase a new heater.  Then my laptop crashed.  My boyfriend and I broke up. Oh, and did I mention that all of this occurred before January 20, 2007?

 

I prayed daily that this would not be how all of 2007 existed.  Luckily, my bad luck ended there.  On January 26, I went out on an outing that would change the rest of my life.  Renee Murphy, Shannon Maxey and Tioka Ivory entered my life.  I was never one to be a part of a girl group or a ‘chic clique’ but these women have become my best friends.  It is simply amazing how God puts people into your life.  I didn’t ask for them to be placed there, but he knew it was what I needed in my life.  These women have been there for me through thick and thin and I am truly blessed for their existence.

 

The rest of my year went pretty well.  I was able to travel to North CarolinaCleveland for the Women’s Final Four,PhiladelphiaSt. LouisArizona, Virginia, Detroit and who can forget Puerto Vallarta.  I expanded OnyxLouisville and have met many wonderful people in the Louisville community.  I was able to join several Boards and also became a volunteer ‘Big” through the Big Brother/Big Sister program.  I was fortunate to see a plethora of top notch plays, concerts and performances here.  I lost my tonsils, gained a nickname and almost became a guest on the Oprah Show. 

 

December 31, 2007 ended with an odd twist, but I do believe everything happens for a reason.  I’m still waiting for genuine, true love to enter in my life.  I know it will happen when the time is right.  It’s going to be great in 2008 and I can’t wait to see what the future holds.  

No comments: